Opportunistic InfectionsOpportunistic Infections

Kaposi's that large?

I am concerned about a recent sexual partner. The last time I was with him, I noticed a large (maybe 2 in long and 1 in wide) bruise like thing on his thigh. There were no other noticeable similar patches. I guess that I am worried that it may have been Kaposi's Sarcoma, do they get this large? He thought it was a bruise, but it didn't seem to hurt him much. Would he have other KS on his body or is it possible to just have one?

Response from Dr. Feinberg

That would be quite large for a typical KS lesion, but that doesn't mean that it isn't KS. It is possible to have only one lesion.

Kaposi Sarcoma looks like...
Can my other child get infected