Opportunistic InfectionsOpportunistic Infections

Caught early CMV in my right eye

Just a few weeks ago, I had a small problem with right eye, it was in the lower part, a slight blur, I called my doctor and I was seeing an eye doctor that next day, yes, CMV, but we caught it very early, I have been on IV treatment, Foscavir for over two weeks now, and problem appears to be getting better, slow, but better, sometime it goes away, and then back again. After I do this IV treatment for awhile, are there oral medications to keep if from coming back, or keep it under control, and what if my immune system should ever recover, and go over 100 T-cell count. My T-Cells have been low for sometime, however I am positive I shall over come this. Advise please. Thank you

Response from Dr. Feinberg

The is an oral medication called valganciclovir (Valcyte), which is the updated version of an older drug called ganciclovir, that can be used to keep the CMV retinitis under control. If your T cells improve as the result of combination therapy for HIV, you may not need to take the valganciclovir indefinitely. Talk to your doctor about the possibilities available to you for treatment of your HIV disease.

Will Anti-anxiety meds affect HIV test result?
where did he get warts?