Opportunistic InfectionsOpportunistic Infections

KS possibility

I have been HIV positive for 14 years. At the time I became positive KS was a major opportunistic infection. My question: How great are my chances of getting/ not getting KS?

Response from Dr. Feinberg

KS is indeed much less common now than it was, say, 10 years ago. However, there is no certain way to predict whether a specific individual will go on to develop KS or not. Given its dramatic decrease, I'd say that you (and everyone else who is HIV+) are much less likely to get KS now. It isn't entirely clear why this has changed.

Sign of OI in CBC
3 weeks of severe body aches and low grade fever