Sep 20, 2001
Why would your doctor have you getting bloodwork that reads. FTA-ABS-IgG or FTA-ABS-IGM.
What does it mean?
Response from Dr. Feinberg
An FTA-ABS is a blood test for syphilis. IgM looks for recent infection and IgG looks for longer-standing, established infection. Sometimes syphilis can be associated with a wide range of symptoms and problems that people do not usually associate with an STD. Since syphilis is readily treated with antibiotics, it's a good idea to know whether someone is infected or not.
- Swollen Lymph Glands After Sucking Penis Worried I Have HIV
- Swollen Lymph Nodes After Masturbation Worried I Have HIV
- Tingling In Feet After Mutual Masturbation Worried I Have HIV
- White Bumps After Erotic Massage Worried I Have HIV
- Association Of Bells Palsy With Hepatitis C Virus
- Can You Catch Hepatitis B From Saliva?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.