Opportunistic InfectionsOpportunistic Infections

LYMPH NODE OR NOT

DEAR DOCTOR, YOU ARE SMART AND I WISH I HAD YOUR TALENTS. MY QUESTION IS. MY FRIEND HAS BIG BUMP OR BOIL ON THE SIDE OF HIS NECK. HE SAID ITS NOT LYMP NODE SWELLING CAUSE IT IS IN THE SKIN. WHEN I PULL THE SKIN IT GOES ALL OVER. NOW I KNOW LYMP NODE SWELLING DOESN'T DDO THAT BUT IS IT LYPM SWELLING, BIG ACNE BUMP, OR A BOIL IN THE SKIN. ITS LOCAED ORIGHT WHERE HAIR GROW ON YOUR NECK. THANKS FOR YOUR ANSWER.

Response from Dr. Feinberg

If the 'bump' moves with the skin, then it's IN the skin and not a swollen lymph node which would be BELOW the skin.

Were My Tests Good Enough?
aids or hiv?