Opportunistic InfectionsOpportunistic Infections

V.D.R.L. S.T.D. Tests

Hi, I am scared of taking H.I.V. test but recently I had to do a blood test for my job, the tests I was told is V.D.R.L.-S.T.D. and the results were Non-Reactive is this in anyway related to H.I.V.? Do I need to be worried? Would the virus have shown up in any one of these tests? Thanking You

Response from Dr. Feinberg

A VDRL test is a blood test for syphilis, and you didn't have it when you were tested. It has nothing at all to do with HIV, and HIV would not have shown up in any routine tests for STDs. To be tested for HIV in the United States requires written consent from the patient. If you didn't sign a consent form for HIV testing, then you weren't tested for HIV.

Frequent Colds a sign of HIV?
HIV seroconversion rash