Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter 
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Ask the Experts About

Opportunistic InfectionsOpportunistic Infections

Rollover images to visit our other forums!

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

OI or allergy
Sep 15, 2001

My CD4 absolute & VL increase from 230 12000 to 400 18000 in 6 months after taking triple drugs medication;I am having cough(not whooping) in the morning most of the time when the weather is cloudy or drizzling;I have no weight loss,T.B.is negative,no fever; Please tell me what it is ? My doctor says it is due to allergy and prescribed a medicine for it to be taken one tab daily for 21 days; First few days ,i thought my cough was gone but today when I was expose to rain ,Istarted coughing?I am from northeastern part of India where T.B. is common.Please help.

Response from Dr. Feinberg

There is no way that I can assess your problem with certainty over the internet. You should see your doctor for an evaluation. You may be coughing simply because you have a post-nasal drip due to allergies; damp weather favors the growth of molds that some people are allergic to. But you may also have bronchitis, or a smoker's cough.

Previous
HIV and Allergic reactions
Next
shingles?

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.