Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter 

Opportunistic InfectionsOpportunistic Infections

OI or allergy

My CD4 absolute & VL increase from 230 12000 to 400 18000 in 6 months after taking triple drugs medication;I am having cough(not whooping) in the morning most of the time when the weather is cloudy or drizzling;I have no weight loss,T.B.is negative,no fever; Please tell me what it is ? My doctor says it is due to allergy and prescribed a medicine for it to be taken one tab daily for 21 days; First few days ,i thought my cough was gone but today when I was expose to rain ,Istarted coughing?I am from northeastern part of India where T.B. is common.Please help.

Response from Dr. Feinberg

There is no way that I can assess your problem with certainty over the internet. You should see your doctor for an evaluation. You may be coughing simply because you have a post-nasal drip due to allergies; damp weather favors the growth of molds that some people are allergic to. But you may also have bronchitis, or a smoker's cough.

HIV and Allergic reactions
shingles?