|effect of alcohol on HIV test?
Sep 7, 2001
If my last exposure was 5 years ago, but I drank a six pack of beer a night , was stressed for five months over the test, lost 6 plds, would this cause a false neg. test? Do antibodies, once formed , stay, forever, or are they constantly dying, and new ones forming.
Response from Dr. Feinberg
Drinking alcohol will not affect the HIV test one way or the other. Once antibodies-- which are proteins that attach to germs and other foreign matter so that your body can recognize and remove the 'invaders'-- are formed, they are continually produced by cells in your immune system called B lymphocytes.
- Oral Ulcers After Rimming Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Trouble Urinating After Insertive Anal Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Vomiting After Swallowing Cum Worried I Have HIV
- Vomiting After Unprotected Oral Sex Without Ejaculation Worried I Have HIV
- White Tongue After Rimming Worried I Have HIV
- Can The Receiver Of Oral Sex Catch A Std?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.