|Abnormalities on routine blood tests from HIV?
Sep 6, 2001
Would someone hiv infected for a little over a year show any abnormalites on common blood test like CBC, Differential, Thyroid, Sed Rate, etc..
Thank you very much for your time.
Response from Dr. Feinberg
The most common abnormalities are in the complete blood count, although these are not specific for (unique to) HIV. Whether such changes would show up in a year depends on how each person's body reacts to HIV infection.
- What Hiv Show Up In Routine Blood Work?
- If You Have Blood Tested Can They Tell If You Have Hiv?
- Do Doctors Automatically Check For Hiv When Doing Routine Blood Tests?
- Abnormal Blood Test Results And Hiv
- If I Have Aids Or Hiv What Would Show Up Abnormal In Blood Tests?
- Can You Get Aids From Spit?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.