Opportunistic InfectionsOpportunistic Infections

normal?

hi, since i learned my status i've been a lot more observant about my body. one thing i've noticed is a coating on the back of my tongue. it doesn't hurt, nor is it red when i scrape it away. most, but not all, scrapes away. it only appears on the very back of my tongue, but is a coating rather than 'plaque-like' (ie thrush). is this normal? i'm not on meds. it may have always been there, but i've never really looked at the back of my mouth before.

Response from Dr. Feinberg

Some people-- for example, smokers-- can have a coating on their tongue that isn't thrush. The only way for you to know for sure what you're seeing is to ask your healthcare provider.

Warts
Abnormalities on routine blood tests from HIV?