The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter 
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Ask the Experts About

Opportunistic InfectionsOpportunistic Infections
Rollover images to visit our other forums!
  • Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Sep 6, 2001

I was dig. with hiv for about 1 and some months and my doctor gives me full body exams to see if everything is ok,my doctor knows the story behind that but I have something look like warts around me anal area but she never said anything about them even though I had asked her was she sure it was nothing else I could catch after being raped she said no but a couple of months later these wart looking things appear how do I get rid of them?

Response from Dr. Feinberg

There are a number of ways to deal with warts, but no treatment can prevent them from coming back in the future. They can be frozen, treated with acid, removed surgically, treated with a topical agent like imiquimod or with an injectable drug like interferon.

Re: Mouth Problems

  • Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary



This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.

Powered by ExpertViewpoint