Sep 5, 2001
When I was in the sixth grade I broke out with shingles in my right eye. I am 19 now, and recently had another brake out in early April of this year on my right jaw bone. Both brake outs were localized. Should I be worried about an underlined cause such as cancer or aids?
Response from Dr. Feinberg
People without cancer or HIV also get shingles. If you have no other problems, the likelihood that these 2 episodes mean that you have a serious underlying disease is pretty remote.
what does a P24 test mean?
- Underlying Conditions That Cause Shingles
- Burning Urethra After Unprotected Sex Without Ejaculation Worried I Have HIV
- Fever After Rubbing Penis Worried I Have HIV
- Muscle Ache After Oral Sex Form Sex Worker Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Swollen Lymph Glands After Needle Stick Worried I Have HIV
- White Bumps On Penis After Oral Sex Form Sex Worker What Are The Chances Of HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.