Aug 27, 2001
...I developed a sore on my tongue. WOrrying about it I had my dentsit look at it and asked her if it looked like thrush or something. She said taht she wasn't concered about it, and said it looked like geographic tongue. I read on the Oral & HIV section of TheBody that geographic tongue has nothing to do with HIV infection. I would like your remark on this. Is this considered an oral manifestation of HIV infection or not? Thank you.
Response from Dr. Feinberg
Geographic tongue is not a manifestation of HIV infection.
swollen lymph nodes in armpit , neck, chest area.
penis pain with HIV infection?
- Swollen Glands After Anal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Swollen Lymph Nodes After Rubbing Penis Worried I Have HIV
- Swollen Lymph Nodes After Sex With Hooker Worried I Have HIV
- Chlamydia Effects In Men If Untreated
- If Both Partners Are Std Free Can You Still Get An Std?
- What Std Cause Penile Discharge?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.