Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter 

Opportunistic InfectionsOpportunistic Infections

Re: gonnorhea & hiv

i just wanted to say thankyou for your response, i understand your frustration with the WW and reading some of the questions really makes me laugh, however i've never had unprotected sex or performed oral sex with someone of unknown status in my life & you can imagine my shock when i contracted gonorrhea (i now understand that no form of sex is safe!) and then came down with ars symptons shortly after - my family's had a tragic history of health problems and i really don't want to be next on the list.

Naturally i'll get tested again after 3 months (in the uk they say that's 100 accurate, which confuses me), but your response and my -ve test after 7 weeks has provided me with some (much needed!) hope.

Thanks again.

Response from Dr. Feinberg

You're welcome. I've learned a lesson about making assumptions, so I'm glad you replied again and gave me a chance to straighten things out. Good luck!

Acyclovir
What to Eat w/Thrush?