Opportunistic InfectionsOpportunistic Infections

Scratchy Patches

I have been having these extremely scratchy patches on my lower shin for quite some time. They are hard and brownish in colour. I've been applying steroid based ointment and they would go off for some time. But then they would recur again. this goes on and on. Please explain and suggest me for a treatment that you feel would be effective. By the way I came to know about my status in 1991 and I'm still pulling on without the help of ARV or other prophylatic treatment.

Response from Dr. Feinberg

Sorry-- without being able to see your "scratchy patches" I'm unable to help you based on your description. I suggest you see a dermatologist. Good luck!

I don't have CMV, right?
risk factor for HSV other than sexual exposure