|I don't have CMV, right?
Aug 23, 2001
I have been experiencing floaters for a while and I went to a retina specialist. He told me that there was a tear that had recently healed and there was nothing to worry about, no underlying issues. I was too embarrassed to ask if the tear had been caused by CMV. Should I be worried? Would a retina specialist know the signs of CMV?
Response from Dr. Feinberg
A retina specialist should be able to tell if someone has CMV or not. Floaters occur in other situations as well-- such as a retinal tear-- they are not specific for CMV retinitis.
Is she Pos.
- If I Don't Hear Back From My Doctor About My Hiv Test Results Is It Negative?
- What Are The Chances Of Men Getting Hiv From A Woman With A Undetectable Viral Load?
- A Period Of Time During Which A Person Infected With Hiv Has No Symptoms
- Can You Get Hiv If You Share Drinks With A Person Who Has It?
- Hiv Symptoms In First Six Months
- Neuropathy Yoga
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.