Opportunistic InfectionsOpportunistic Infections

I don't have CMV, right?

I have been experiencing floaters for a while and I went to a retina specialist. He told me that there was a tear that had recently healed and there was nothing to worry about, no underlying issues. I was too embarrassed to ask if the tear had been caused by CMV. Should I be worried? Would a retina specialist know the signs of CMV?

Response from Dr. Feinberg

A retina specialist should be able to tell if someone has CMV or not. Floaters occur in other situations as well-- such as a retinal tear-- they are not specific for CMV retinitis.

Is she Pos.
Scratchy Patches