Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: Expert Opinions on HIV Cure Research

Ask the Experts About

Opportunistic InfectionsOpportunistic Infections

Rollover images to visit our other forums!

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Is she Pos.
Aug 23, 2001

I had been with my girlfriend for 2 years before I found out I was HIV pos. then 2 weeks later I found out that I have full blown Aids me and my girlfriend were very sexualy active we never used protection ever and most the time when I had my orgasm I would do so in her. Now we have broken up she is with other people she nose that I have aids what is the likley hood that she is pos I no that you can not answer this for shore but could you give me the likley hood PLEASE thank you

Response from Dr. Feinberg

There is no way to say what the odds of your former girlfriend's status is. Some people get HIV from a single sexual encounter, and others don't get it despite repeated exposures. YOU NEED TO MAKE SURE THAT SHE UNDERSTANDS WHAT IT MEANS THAT YOU HAVE AIDS SO THAT SHE CAN GET TESTED BEFORE SHE HAS A CHANCE TO SPREAD HIV TO OTHERS. IT IS YOUR MORAL RESPONSIBILITY TO DO THIS. On behalf of everyone else out there, thanks for doing the right thing!

Previous
Syphilis and Aids
Next
I don't have CMV, right?

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.