Opportunistic InfectionsOpportunistic Infections

gonnorhea & hiv?

hi, i know you won't be happy responding to this message, but i could do with an MDs advice and you may save me 4 months of extreme anxiety!

after a moderately low risk encounter (for hiv) i acquired gonnorhea & had this treated with antibiotics.......

Response from Dr. Feinberg

You're right- I'm not happy answering your question because I'm not here to reassure the worried well. But let me disabuse you of an important misconception that you have: ANY ENCOUNTER IN WHICH YOU ACQUIRE AN STD IS BY DEFINITION A HIGH-RISK EXPOSURE FOR HIV. STDs are like gang members-- they travel together. Don't fool yourself that your encounter was "low risk" for HIV, and get retested at the appropriate intervals. If you're HIV-, count your blessings, and don't be so stupid again!

Pictures of KS
Syphilis and Aids