Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Ask the Experts About

Opportunistic InfectionsOpportunistic Infections

Rollover images to visit our other forums!

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

gonnorhea & hiv?
Aug 23, 2001

hi, i know you won't be happy responding to this message, but i could do with an MDs advice and you may save me 4 months of extreme anxiety!

after a moderately low risk encounter (for hiv) i acquired gonnorhea & had this treated with antibiotics.......

Response from Dr. Feinberg

You're right- I'm not happy answering your question because I'm not here to reassure the worried well. But let me disabuse you of an important misconception that you have: ANY ENCOUNTER IN WHICH YOU ACQUIRE AN STD IS BY DEFINITION A HIGH-RISK EXPOSURE FOR HIV. STDs are like gang members-- they travel together. Don't fool yourself that your encounter was "low risk" for HIV, and get retested at the appropriate intervals. If you're HIV-, count your blessings, and don't be so stupid again!

Previous
Pictures of KS
Next
Syphilis and Aids

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.