Aug 23, 2001
Hi, Doctor, What are the odds for a person to have an Genital Herpes outbreak, after no sex for 10 years? Could the virus lay dormant for 10 years and then become symptomatic? Thanks for your time!
Response from Dr. Feinberg
Yes. Once you are infected with a herpesvirus, it's with you for life. It can remain dormant and then re-emerge later on.
When HIV becomes AIDS?
- What Reactions Does Genital Herpes Have?
- Is Itchy Skin A Symptom Of Acute HIV Infection?
- Bronchitis After Sex With Stripper Condom Broke Worried I Have HIV
- Hairy Tongue After Rubbing Penis Worried I Have HIV
- Itchy Red Spots After Kissing Stripper Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Pain In Urethra After Sex With Sex Worker Worried I Have
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.