Aug 23, 2001
I have had one swollen lymph node in the side of my neck that is less than 1/2 centimeter in diameter for about 2 months now. I have been to the doctor and asked for HIV testing but he laughed at me and told me that I should not worry that it was almost unoticeable. Should I worry and seek testing somewhere else?
Response from Dr. Feinberg
Isolated lymph node swelling is very common and most of the time has nothing to do with HIV. But if you are concerned about it, get tested for peace of mind.
- Chest Cold After Oral Sex With No Protection Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Herpes After Eating Sperm Worried I Have HIV
- Itchy Rash After Oral Sex Form Sex Worker Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Pain In Balls After Oral Sex Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Sore Throat After Unprotected Anal Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Can A Sexually Transmitted Disease Cause A Sore On Your Gums?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.