Aug 23, 2001
I have a bad case of poison ivy that is still spreading after three weeks. The itching is terrible! My CD4s are in the 300s. Would a weakened immune system interfere with my body's ability to fight this off? Any suggestions on what I can do for this? Thanks.
Response from Dr. Feinberg
I empathize-- I'm an avid gardener and highly susceptible to poison ivy, which is just as bad as the old rock 'n roll song said it was. You may get some relief from a short course of prednisone that is rapidly tapered-- ask your doctor about this. I don't think your HIV status affects your response to poison ivy.
What to believe?
- AIDS Infection Risk Touching An Open Scab
- Sex With A Prostitute Scared I Have HIV
- Blowjob From A Prostitute Do I Need To Get Tested For HIV
- Sore On Penis After Getting Head Worried I Have HIV
- Sore On Tongue After Swallowing Precum What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Swollen Lymph Glands After Swallowing Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.