Opportunistic InfectionsOpportunistic Infections

thrush

my girlfriend has a sore in her mouth that she says won't go away, just keeps regrowing a white skin over it, which she can pick off? Could this be thrush? We don't know the status of our test yet. We both are always tired, and I have diarreah often, no other symptoms, what do you think?

Response from Dr. Feinberg

Your girlfriend's mouth sore sounds like it could indeed be thrush. Fatigue and diarrhea are also worrisome symptoms that could be due to HIV, so you need to check the results of your HIV tests as soon as possible. Even if you don't have HIV, it sounds like you both need to see a doctor. Good luck!

Relationship between stools color, diarrea and liver problem?
parvo virus