Opportunistic InfectionsOpportunistic Infections

Is it common to have burning feeling on legs?

Been positive from last 3 years on no medication except some multivitamin. I developed a strange feeling(burning, cold? ) on by both leg(shin) with deep pain. some time i do feel such burning feeling on my skin of arms. It is persistent from last 2 months. I visited hospital and they asked me to do nerver wave conduction test and lumber x-ray. They both came normal.( If i disclose i am positive to doctors, i will lose my job, everything). So, i do not want to expose my status. Except hiv, they tested my syphilish, hepatitis A,B,C , etc. all were normal. Now, they have asked me to visit them on 27th and they are thinking of doing MRI of my lumber. I just would like to know from you that is is common on positive people or hiv cause this kind of pain or problem? does it means, my days in this world are not more?

Response from Dr. Feinberg

It sounds to me like you may have neuropathy, although this should have been seen with the nerve conduction study. It is reasonably common to have neuropathy associated with HIV, but neuropathy can occur in a number of different disease states besides HIV. If the tests turn out consistent with neuropathy, that will not mean that your doctoros automatically know that you are HIV+, although they may ask you to take an HIV test if they don't find any other cause, so be prepared to deal with that.

Fever and Swollen Ankles
sed rate