Opportunistic InfectionsOpportunistic Infections

Fever and Swollen Ankles

I have had an off-and-on 102 degree fever and really hideously swollen ankles for more than three weeks now. I had my first visit with the doc last week, and she didn't seem to be terribly concerned about either symptom--I have been diagnosed recently, and apparently my counts are pretty bad, because I have thrush and I'm going back in next week to discuss starting on meds. My ankles are really red and hot to the touch; getting shoes on is difficult and walking is painful. Are the fever and swollen ankles something I need to be concerned about?

Response from Dr. Feinberg

It sounds like your symptoms need further evaluation. You could have cellulitis (skin infection) or venous thrombosis (clots in your legs) or something else. If your doctor isn't responsive to your concerns, get another doctor.

Masturbation
Is it common to have burning feeling on legs?