Opportunistic InfectionsOpportunistic Infections

A question to Brain Lesions

Dear Dr. Feinberg, I am the one that asked about the Cidofovir. I am hoping you will post this and that the person that wrote about the brain lesions will see it and contact me. I would like to find out what kind of HIV meds he was on that he is doing so much better. Maybe it will help me with my brother. Thank you for all your help.

Response from Dr. Feinberg

Unfortunately, personal identifiers are supposed to be removed before posting. But I can tell you that a good response to HIV therapy that includes at least one protease inhibitor and 2 other active drugs is optimal in this situation. Exactly which drugs should be used depend on a number of factors, including any possible drug resistance that your brother may have.

Dental risk
Does this apply to all?