|Cat scratch fever in HIV+?
Aug 6, 2001
I've been HIV+ for 3 months (experienced acute HIV infection back in May), have a CD4 of 399, not currently on meds but about to start. Last night I got a rather nasty scratch on my back from my cat. How concerned should I be? Is cat scratch fever a potential problem this early in my HIV infection? Also, should I get a tetanus shot?
Response from Dr. Feinberg
Even HIV- people can get cat scratch disease-- you don't have to be HIV+ to be at risk. See your doctor for an evaluation. If you haven't had a tetanus bosster in the last 8-10 years, that's a good idea.
ARS with normal white blood cell counts?
Enigmatic Cotton Wool Spot
- Blood In Urine After Masturbation Worried I Have HIV
- Flu Symptoms After Vaginal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Oral Ulcers After Drinking Water Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Painful Red Spots After Anal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Swollen Lymph Glands After Touching Penis Worried I Have HIV
- Tingling In Fingers After Vaginal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.