|CMV & pregnancy
Aug 6, 2001
IgG equal to 487 UA/ml twice with 3 weeks interval. She is 17 weeks pregnant. Worried about the foetus. HIV test is negative. Thanks for your help.
Response from Dr. Feinberg
A positive IgM test or an increasing IgG CMV titer would indicate recent infection with CMV. From what you've told me, it sounds like this is an old (pre-pregnancy) CMV infection.
alergic reaction to fruit and meds?
ARS with normal white blood cell counts?
- Can You Get Hiv Because You Have Small Cuts On Your Fingers?
- Is Herpes Spread By Sharing Food?
- What Happens If You Have Unprotected Sex And You Have Hpv?
- What Does Male Genital Herpes Look Like?
- What Do Genital Warts Look Like In Early Stages?
- Took Antibiotics As Prescribed For Chlamydia And Still Have Symptoms
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.