|CMV & pregnancy
Aug 6, 2001
IgG equal to 487 UA/ml twice with 3 weeks interval. She is 17 weeks pregnant. Worried about the foetus. HIV test is negative. Thanks for your help.
Response from Dr. Feinberg
A positive IgM test or an increasing IgG CMV titer would indicate recent infection with CMV. From what you've told me, it sounds like this is an old (pre-pregnancy) CMV infection.
alergic reaction to fruit and meds?
ARS with normal white blood cell counts?
- Odds Of Getting HIV Insertive Anal Sex Without Condom
- Open Mouth Kissing And Possible HIV Exposure
- Oral Sex Hooker Negative At 3 Months
- Performing Oral Sex How Long Does It Take To Test Positive For HIV
- Probability Of Getting AIDS From Licking Vagina
- Protected Anal Sex Risk Of Getting HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.