Opportunistic InfectionsOpportunistic Infections

alergic reaction to fruit and meds?

I started Sustiva and Combivir a week ago and suddenly broke out in a rash of red spots all over my back, legs and abdomen. I know that these drugs can cause a rash but after a week with no problems I was wondering if it could be an interaction with something in fruits. I say this because the rash occured the day after eating a larger than normal amount of fruits.I stopped meds. as my doctor suggested. The next day my rash really flaired up after a drink of lemon and orange juice.Is this possible or do you think it is a coincidence?

Response from Dr. Feinberg

The rash is most likely due to the efavirenz (Sustiva) and less likely to be due to the AZT/3TC (Combivir). I don't think it had anyting at all to do with the fruit or an interaction with the fruit.

Hiv Pos & short-term memory loss
CMV & pregnancy