Opportunistic InfectionsOpportunistic Infections

testing for opportunistic diseases after exposure to HIV+ blood?

dear dr. feinberg, as a high rish needle stick from a known hiv pt do i need further testing. i am at the 6 month mark and neg, but i am concerned about contracting other diseases. my employer is no help and i want to cover all my bases,so that when this nightmare is over i can be assured that i am really healthy. do i need to be tested for the following? mac, tb, salmonellosis,hsv, hpv, and bacillary angiomatosis? i might be a worry wart, but i am scared, and the backround of the patient whose blood i was infected with is not known. the only thing i know is that she is hiv +. i am unable to aquire info regarding the transmission of oppurtunistic infection, and really need the advice of an expert. will you please anwser my question, when you have time.

thankyou,

sighned lost in the world of hiv

Response from Dr. Feinberg

If you are HIV- at 6 months, then no further testing for OIs is warranted.

can symptoms be spread?
Drug Interaction and dental infection?