Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: Expert Opinions on HIV Cure Research

Ask the Experts About

Opportunistic InfectionsOpportunistic Infections

Rollover images to visit our other forums!

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

can symptoms be spread?
Jul 26, 2001

There is this question that is bugging me and I would like an answer if possible. Thanks in advance for eading this at least.

My question is, if someone is actually undergoing seroconversion and is showing symptoms such as sorethroats and snuffy noses etc, can this symptoms be passed on to others, as in a cold? I am asking this question as I am afraid that I may be seroconverting and then my family members started to show similar symptoms like the runny noses, is this because I may have accidently infected them as well and they are seroconverting too? Or is it just a cold I am experiencing that is being spread around? I don't know if this question is silly, I really don't have any idea on seroconversion symptoms and whether thery are infectious or not, and there isn't much data about this either.

Response from Dr. Feinberg

Symptoms of ARS cannot be spread, only the CAUSE of the symptoms can be spread.

Previous
?Rash Due to HIV Infection
Next
testing for opportunistic diseases after exposure to HIV+ blood?

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.