Opportunistic InfectionsOpportunistic Infections

can symptoms be spread?

There is this question that is bugging me and I would like an answer if possible. Thanks in advance for eading this at least.

My question is, if someone is actually undergoing seroconversion and is showing symptoms such as sorethroats and snuffy noses etc, can this symptoms be passed on to others, as in a cold? I am asking this question as I am afraid that I may be seroconverting and then my family members started to show similar symptoms like the runny noses, is this because I may have accidently infected them as well and they are seroconverting too? Or is it just a cold I am experiencing that is being spread around? I don't know if this question is silly, I really don't have any idea on seroconversion symptoms and whether thery are infectious or not, and there isn't much data about this either.

Response from Dr. Feinberg

Symptoms of ARS cannot be spread, only the CAUSE of the symptoms can be spread.

?Rash Due to HIV Infection
testing for opportunistic diseases after exposure to HIV+ blood?