|Best Way to Take Bactrim Prophylactic?
Jul 26, 2001
Hi, I've just finished treating an active case of PCP and am going to start a Bactrim prophylactic regime. Is it better to take one double strength a day or three a week? Are there studies proving that one is more effective/better tolerated than the other? Thank you!
Response from Dr. Feinberg
Taking a double-strength Bactrim every other day appears to work as well as taking it daily. I prefer to place people on daily prophylaxis for 2 reasons: there is a lot more evidence for this regimen, and it is easier to remember to do the same thing every day than to change dosing habits from day to day which may make you more likely to miss a dose. In the end, prophylaxis only works if it is taken correctly.
O.I's that are AIDS Defining Illnesses
aids associated nephropathy
- Night Sweats After Kissing Cold Sore Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Sinus Infection After Swallowing Cum Worried I Have HIV
- Sore Throat After Licking Rectum Worried I Have HIV
- Swollen Glands After Unprotected Oral Sex Without Ejaculation Worried I Have HIV
- Swollen Lymph Nodes After Rubbing Penis Worried I Have HIV
- Can You Get Genital Warts From Being Fingered?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.