Jul 26, 2001
I've heard KS looks like a bruise, but can it also look like little purple veins forming. It seems like I have developed purple looking small veins in the mucosa of my mouth and a couple on my penis. This is really frightening me. Could KS look like this or does it always look bruise like?
Response from Dr. Feinberg
Neither of the descriptions you offered is typical of KS. The lesions tend to be purplish, can be flat or raised, are initially small but may increase over time, and are usually round to oval. If there is any question in your mind as to what your lesions are, see an HIV speicialist or a dermatologist.
timeframe for onset of ARS symptoms?
Shingles in both husband & wife
- Is Runny Nose A Symptom Of HIV?
- Burning Penis After Touching Vagina Worried I Have HIV
- Coated Tongue After Unprotected Oral Sex Without Ejaculation Worried I Have HIV
- Cold Feet After Unprotected Anal Sex Without Ejaculation Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Floaters After Mutual Masturbation Worried I Have HIV
- Itchy Skin After Getting Head Sign Of HIV AIDS
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.