Jul 26, 2001
I've heard KS looks like a bruise, but can it also look like little purple veins forming. It seems like I have developed purple looking small veins in the mucosa of my mouth and a couple on my penis. This is really frightening me. Could KS look like this or does it always look bruise like?
Response from Dr. Feinberg
Neither of the descriptions you offered is typical of KS. The lesions tend to be purplish, can be flat or raised, are initially small but may increase over time, and are usually round to oval. If there is any question in your mind as to what your lesions are, see an HIV speicialist or a dermatologist.
timeframe for onset of ARS symptoms?
Shingles in both husband & wife
- Bloody Nose After Vaginal Sex With Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Floaters After Mutual Masturbation Worried I Have HIV
- Swollen Glands After Receiving Oral Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Vaginal Discharge After Masturbation Worried I Have HIV
- White Bumps On Penis After Anal Sex Worried I Have HIV
- White Bumps On Penis After Hole In Condom Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.