Opportunistic InfectionsOpportunistic Infections

Living with an HIV and Hepatitis B Pos itive Person

It has recently come to my attention that my roomate is HIV and Hepatitis B Positive. He shares our home with my 10 year child and my husband. He is a gay and not sexually involved with other members of this household. He cooks and cleans for us. Should we all be vaccinated against Hep B? What other concerns would there be?

Response from Dr. Currier

The Hep B vaccine is indicated for household contacts of people who have hep B and are Hep B Surface Antigen Positive ( chronic carriers). The Hep B vaccine has been shown to be safe and effective and is being given to all children born in the US ( or at least offered). I think it would be a good idea to be vaccinated- see your doctor first to see if you have antibody ( called anti-HBs)and if not get the vaccine.

-JC

-JC

please answer me its urgent
Immune Reconstitution