Dec 28, 1999
I'm HIV+ for 4 years. VL 10000 CD4 685. I am not sexually active. Should I still have pap smears? My last pap was 11/97 found to be normal with no problems. How often should someone not sexually active have paps?
Response from Dr. Feinberg
If you're HIV+, you should have a Pap smear every 6 months because there is a greater chance of an abnormal test because of the HIV. It has nothing to do with current sexual activity.
women need answers
- How Long Do I Wait To Get Tested After Mutual Masturbation?
- Odds Of Getting HIV Mutual Masturbation
- What Is The Risk Of Getting HIV From Topping Without Condom?
- Is Pain In Penis An Acute Symptom Of HIV?
- Too Scared To Get Tested After Sex With A Prostitute
- Can I Get Genital Herpes If I Used A Condom?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.