Opportunistic InfectionsOpportunistic Infections

Should Treatment in Women be different then in Men?

Lately I have been reading that some studies have shown that perhaps at different levels of the virus women develop AIDS faster than men. Is this really due to the biological make up of women or do you feel that there are other causes? Has anything really been proven? Please let me know.

Response from Dr. Feinberg

There are a couple of studies that suggest that women with HIV may have their disease progress at lower viral loads than are typical for men. It is not yet known whether this is due to hormonal differences,or to other factors.

Women's Issues
cervical dysplasia