Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter 

Opportunistic InfectionsOpportunistic Infections

I don't know?

I really don't know what I have. I am sexually active but only with one person. But when I read the information about STDs I get worried because I think I have one of these infections, but I am afraid to go to the doctor. My vagina has a smelly fishy smell, and gets really sore sometimes, and occasionally I get zits(pimples) there. This is not all I also have a torn anal which wouldn't stop bleeding (this is not from anal sex, but I am just asking if it can became infected in some way). My boyfriend says that I am talking nonsense, but I'm really worried because all these problems just wouldn't stop. Please don't tell me to go to a web site or something like that. I want an answer from you because maybe I would understand more, reading it just gets really confusing.

Response from Dr. Feinberg

The fishy smell and soreness may be due to an infection called "bacterial vaginosis", and it can be treated with antibiotics. Anal fissures or tears can become infected because stool is mostly made up of bacteria. I don't think you're talking nonsense, but the only way to know for sure what's going on is to see a doctor or other health professional that specializes in gynecology. You can find a private doctor, or go to a clinic like Planned Parenthood.

HTLV
HPV?