|AIDS and HTLV-1
Mar 15, 2000
Dear doctor could you tell me the connection between AIDS and HTLV-1, how can HTLV-1 affects someone with AIDS?
Thank you, please answer, this is the third time I am posting the question.
Response from Dr. Feinberg
I believe I've answered this before. HIV was once called HTLV-3. They are distantly related. It is possible to have both infections. HTLV-1 doesn't cause AIDS, but usually causes T cell leukemia or lymphoma, and is found mostly in Japan, Africa and the Caribbean. Having both infections may possibly lead to more rapid progression to AIDS.
itchy moist penis
First trimester and STDs
- Syphilis Testing While On Antibiotics
- Tetanus Vaccine And False Positive Elisa
- When Do Early HIV Symptoms First Appear?
- Am I Going To Die If I Have Hiv And Taking Medications
- When Having Sex The Condom Broke Is It Possible For You To Get Hiv From An Infected Person?
- How Many Days After Contact With Hiv Person Will Hiv Show Up In Blood?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.