Opportunistic InfectionsOpportunistic Infections

yeast infection of the genitals Help !!

Dear Doctor,

I was diagnosed with HIV 14 Years ago. During the month of July of this year I started the cocktail which was worse than the disease. I now have a yeast infection going on for 4 months. My M.D. started me on Nizoral cream 2%. Nothing seem to work, i'm on my 5th tube. What else is out there? Can I do something on my own so my scrotum is not so inflammed & red. Now the skin is peeling. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated Thanx in adavance.

Response from Dr. Feinberg

If you're on your 5th tube, then you may not have a yeast infection or it may require different medication. You didn't say whether you are still on medicine for your HIV-- that should help control whatever is going on. You might want to see a dermatologist (skin doctor), who is experienced with these kinds of problems, and may be able to culture it or otherwise confirm the diagnosis.

Getting Darker
Balanitis ?