Jan 7, 2000
I have had an acne type bump of the back of my neck...how would I know if it is zoster or shingles? I'm cd4-253/19000vl..its been there about three weeks...a friend who died in '94 had t
hem on the back of his neck...my partner died in Feb.'99..he had one as well...is it associated with KSHV? HHV-8? Concerned- and Thank You Dr. Judith !!!
Response from Dr. Feinberg
It sounds more like a small boil (furuncle) or folliculitis (infection of a hair follicle) than shingles or herpes. I suggest you get a doctor to look at it.
Itchy Red Bumps
- How Long Do I Wait To Get Tested After Sex With A Prostitute?
- Bloody Nose After Sex With Stripper Worried I Have HIV
- White Discharge After Vaginal Sex With Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- How Much Damage Does Chlamydia Cause At 6 Months?
- About How Long Does Hiv Survive In A Needle
- Can I Get Std Disease From A Kiss?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.