Opportunistic InfectionsOpportunistic Infections

Dry skin

Is excessive dry skin hiv associated? What should one look for? Female, treatment naive. CD4 count is 265 and viral load is 10.700

Response from Dr. Feinberg

Many common skin problems, including dry skin, seem to happen more frequently in HIV+s. You should use a non-drying soap, such as Tone or Dove exclusively. I have found Eucerin cream (a very dense cream that comes in a plastic tub) to be very helpful to my patients. It's an over-the-counter item and cheapest in the 1 lb. tub (around $11) but very cost-effective because it lasts a long time.

skin probloms
Herpes-Zoster-Shingles