Opportunistic InfectionsOpportunistic Infections

skin probloms

I have for the last 6 to 8 months what my doctor says are pustuals, pimples. some days they come up some days they won't. i have been useing emgel and 2.5% hydrocortisone.Is there anything else i could do to prevent these things from comming up? cd4 is 54 and v load 117,00 I have become resitant to viracept so i am in the prscess of changeing to another cocktail.

Response from Dr. Feinberg

Your pustules are probably folliculitis (an infection of the gland at the base of a hair). This can be caused by a bacteria called Staph or by a collection of white blood cells called eosinophils. The only way to know for sure what kind yours are is to have a skin biopsy or culture of the contents. This is valuable because the treatments are different.

follicultius, need more information on it
Dry skin