|follicultius, need more information on it
Jan 17, 2000
I was recently told I hd folliculitus (my pubic area). It was treated and very painful. Please help me with more information regarding this. I also had cystitus at the same time. PLEASE HELP
Response from Dr. Feinberg
Folliculitis is more often itchy than very painful. The sores you had may have been herpes. Often herpes in the genital and rectal areas can cause other symptoms, such as discomfort with urination or bowel movements. You don't say whether the problems are gone now. If they return, you may want to see an infectious diseases doctor. If it's herpes, the lesions can be cultured when they are fresh.
- Sore On Tongue Could I Have Acute HIV Infection
- Can AIDS Be Transmitted Through Sex With A Prostitute?
- Burning Penis After Sex With Stripper Condom Broke Worried I Have HIV
- Fever After Condom Broke Worried I Have HIV
- Headache After Unprotected Anal Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Purple Spots After Fingering Stripper Sign Of HIV AIDS
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.