|follicultius, need more information on it
Jan 17, 2000
I was recently told I hd folliculitus (my pubic area). It was treated and very painful. Please help me with more information regarding this. I also had cystitus at the same time. PLEASE HELP
Response from Dr. Feinberg
Folliculitis is more often itchy than very painful. The sores you had may have been herpes. Often herpes in the genital and rectal areas can cause other symptoms, such as discomfort with urination or bowel movements. You don't say whether the problems are gone now. If they return, you may want to see an infectious diseases doctor. If it's herpes, the lesions can be cultured when they are fresh.
- Can Hepatitis C Return After Being Cured?
- What Medication Can You Take For Neuropathy?
- How Long Does It Take To Become Infected With Hiv After Exposure?
- Can I Have Unprotected Sex With Someone Who Is Hiv Positive And Not Get Infected?
- At What Stage In The Hiv Virus Does Kaposi's Sarcoma Develop
- Statistics Of Hiv Among Gays Compared To Heterosexuals
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.