Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Ask the Experts About

Opportunistic InfectionsOpportunistic Infections

Rollover images to visit our other forums!

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Itchy Rash
Jan 19, 2000

For the past month, I have had an itchy rash that appears to look like insect bites that moves all over my body. I live in the mountains with lots of snow and there just aren't many bugs in the winter. My lover doesn't have the rash. I've been on Viracept, Acyclovir, Viramune and Zerit for some time now. Dermacaine relives the itching, but then another batch breaks out some where else on by body. Any ideas as to what is going on?

Response from Dr. Feinberg

Folliculitis is a possible explanation for your symptoms. You need to see a doctor for a diagnosis of this problem--either a skin doctor or an expert in HIV.

Previous
discoid lupus@Hiv-is this possible
Next
follicultius, need more information on it

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.