Opportunistic InfectionsOpportunistic Infections

Are my Med's making my arm pits break out?

I am a 40 year old women. I've been positive since 1991. In the past two and a half years, I've been on two different combinations. I currently take Viracept, Viramune and Epivir. Two years ago I developed a large spot on my left leg that won't go away. It stays dry and itches from time time. Then last year I got a sever case of the shingles around the left side and towards the middle of my back. Now for the past two months I've developed a rash of some kind under both of my arm pits. Around the exterior of both arms it has redness and darkens towards the center. There are varios sizes of lumps and clusters of pimple looking bumps. My arm pits itch and sting. I can't use deoderant, because it makes it worse and baby power doesn't hold me. I work and by the middle of the day I can feel my body perspire and I am sure I am smelling offensive. Do you have any idea of what is happening to my skin and can you suggest what to do?

Response from Dr. Feinberg

You may have a fungal and/or bacterialinfection of your armpits, it's not possible for me to be certain from your description. You should see a skin doctor and get diagnosed so you can be treated-- it sounds uncomfortable. The patch on your leg sounds like chronic eczema and there are prescription ointments for that.

THE SPREADING-INCURABLE RASH-HELP!!
discoid lupus@Hiv-is this possible