Opportunistic InfectionsOpportunistic Infections

Dark Spots on Legs

I have developed dark brown spot over my legs, feet and thighs. Some of them itch and are painful to the touch as well as the skin is raised in these areas. They range in any size up to the size of a quarter. There are no spots above the waist although I have noticed small pimples on the torso that sting to the touch. These come and go. Is this the start of KS and if so, is there anything that can be used for the itching that works? Thanks!

Response from Dr. Feinberg

The lesions you describe are not typical for KS, although in dark-skinned people KS may appear more like dark brown spots tan like the usual purplish ones. KS doesn't itch but may hurt depending on location. KS on the sole of the foot can be vary irritating. I suggest you see a doctor familiar with HIV or a skin doctor to make sure what these spots are. Plenty of medicines can be used for itching.

Bleeding from the scrotum
Problems w/skin infections, low Tcell count