|Is this Folliculitis?
Feb 7, 2000
Nine months ago scalp had 3 or 4 red bumps, now the crown of my head and the hairline around the ears have thick bumps which scab. I'm not sure what this is?? Also is folliculitis an OI? Thank you in advance.
Response from Dr. Feinberg
I can't be 100% sure without examining you, but it sound more like severe seborrheic dermatitis than folliculitis. This is very treatable. See an HIV specialist or a dermatologist for care.
Response to Folliculitus in pubic area
- Risk Of Fingering A Girl With Hiv With A Scratch On Finger
- When Should You Get Tested For Chlamydia Again After Treatment?
- What Percentage Of People Have Herpes?
- What Happens If You Get Reinfected With Chlamydia?
- What Do Genital Warts Look Like When They First Appear?
- What Can You Put On Herpes Sore To Stop The Itch?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.