|Is this Folliculitis?
Feb 7, 2000
Nine months ago scalp had 3 or 4 red bumps, now the crown of my head and the hairline around the ears have thick bumps which scab. I'm not sure what this is?? Also is folliculitis an OI? Thank you in advance.
Response from Dr. Feinberg
I can't be 100% sure without examining you, but it sound more like severe seborrheic dermatitis than folliculitis. This is very treatable. See an HIV specialist or a dermatologist for care.
Response to Folliculitus in pubic area
- If The Viral Load Is Zero Does That Mean You Have Cleared The Hepatitis C Virus?
- Would Trichomoniasis Or Chlamydia Show Up After A Few Years
- Will Yeast Infection Cream Cure Bacterial Vaginosis?
- When Will You See Symptoms Of Herpes?
- What Will Happen If You Have Herpes And Don't Get Treatment?
- What Are All The Ways Of Contracting Syphilis?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.