Mar 1, 2000
My friend tested positive four months ago, last CD4 count was 300, viral load 100,000. He is currently on no medications. He has developed a rash under his chin has manifested itself in small scabby patches which he says is quite painful. Could this be shingles? Any other ideas what it could be?
Response from Dr. Feinberg
It could be shingles only if it's on one side of his chin/neck. Shingles does not cross the midline (An imaginary line from the center of your forehead down the middle of your body). It may also be a strep or staph skin infection, which is common. He needs to be seen by a physician to make a diagnosis and prescribe the right medicine.
pasty film covering skin after showering
Response to Folliculitus in pubic area
- Diarrhea After Anal Sex Condom Broke Worried I Have HIV
- Itchy Skin After Anal Sex Condom Broke Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Loose Stool After Sucking Penis Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Pain In Penis After Unprotected Sex Without Ejaculation What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Sore Testicles After Giving Handjob Worried I Have HIV
- Swollen Lymph Glands After Touching Vagina Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.