Opportunistic InfectionsOpportunistic Infections

Body Hair Loss, Symptom of What?

Thank you in advance for your job in answering these questions! What HIV related illness could cause body hair loss? I know that it could be a side effect of the protease inhibitors, or AZT (I'm on Crixivan and AZT) but I'm afraid that something else might be developing in my body, a symptom of some OI. My hair is getting thin, soft, shorter!, lighter, and falls off. All the way from eyebrows, arms, legs, armpits, everywhere. Again: is there any OI that has body hair loss as a symptom? Thank you!

Response from Dr. Currier

I cannot think of an OI that has hairloss as a symptom. It could be some type of endocrine problem or as you mentioned related to drugs. I am sorry I do not have an answer. I could also be related to something you took a few months ago. I hope you are able to find some help with this problem.

-JC

Endolimax nana
Constant sinus infection